[X]
Toute notre équipe se mobilise pour assurer votre prochain séjour en Provence !
Pour tous séjours réservés après le 11/3/2020, nous acceptons les annulations ayant pour motif ‘’confinement’’.
En cas de prolongement de confinement ou de restriction kilométrique, votre acompte sera remboursé, mis à part les frais de dossier de 25€.
Nous restons à votre écoute afin de vous conseiller pour trouver la location de vos rêves en Provence !
day trips & excursions
Alpilles | Ecotourism | Ecotourism

Discovery of the traditional production of olive oil

Description
 From November to mid-December, you can discover the fruit of a year of work. The mill is in action, the wheels crush the olives, which are then pressed to obtain oil. A delight for the eyes to discover! 
When the mill is idle inactive, you can watch a subtitled movie, presenting the production of the mill.
 
DESCRIPTION OF THE MILL
The mill is a vaulted Provencal house, a place of history and traditions. It was built in 1610.
Since the 17th century, the mill has been producing olive oil. 
This was originally a private mill, belonging to the Lord of Manville. In 1924, it became a cooperative. A group of olive oil producers have banded together to produce the same olive oil, bringing a multitude of crops, spread across the territory of the Alpilles. Today, the Cornille Mill involves about 750 active growers, of which 20% are professional farmers, and the remaining 80% are either part-time or "amateur" growers (for recreation).
 
 
The mill offers to sell Fruity Black AOC Vallée des Baux de Provence olive oil or Traditional vintage and also: Fruity Green AOC Vallée des Baux de Provence Olive Oil, olives, olive pastes, jams, honey, soaps, cosmetics.
 
Program / Schedule of the day
 Duration: 1hour
Useful informations
 THE ECO-FRIENDLY GESTURES OF THE MILL:
 
_ A production method that respects traditions and uses the olive as a whole, in order not to use chemical additives in the production of olive oil. 
_ The stone is kept while pressing the fruit. A seed is located in the heart of the stone which, once crushed, will serve as a natural preservative to the olive oil. 
_ The vegetation water is spread at the foot of the olive trees to serve as a natural fertilizer. 
_ The dry olive paste, called "pomace", is sold to a greenhouse in the Vaucluse which uses it as fuel for the boiler room.
_ Biodegradable bags and recyclable materials with low emissions. 
_ With an organic vintage in 1 or 2 years.
 
Valid
 
Optionally
 
Situation
 

Make a request

(*) required field
My booking
From
per person
Reservation request
Summary
Accommodation
 
Restoration
 
Supervised
 
This price includes
 
This price does not include